– An 8.9 quake triggers tsunami up to 10 meters (30 feet), with waves sweeping away homes, crops, vehicles and submerging farmland.
– Police confirm 402 dead, toll expected to exceed 1,000, with most people feared drowned.
– Japan is still experiencing some very moderate aftershocks. 5.1, 5.2, 5.2, 6.0, 6.8 hit within a just in 15 minutes.
– Strong quakes also hitting northwestern Japan.
– Some 3,000 residents living near a nuclear plant in Fukushima evacuated after warning of a radiation leak.
– A nuclear safety panel says radiation levels are 1000 times above normal in a reactor control room.
– Tokyo Electric Power has lost its ability to control pressure in some of the reactors of a second nuclear power plant.
– Contact lost with four trains along the coast area of northeastern Japan, Kyodo news agency says.
– A ship carrying 100 people was swept away by the tsunami, media reported.
– Tsunami alerts lifted from Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and the Philippines.
“Dan kami tidak membinasakan suatu negeri, melainkan sudah ada ketentuan yang tetap baginya” ayat ke 4 dari surah AL Hijir.