Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
300g plain flour (preferably “00”)
50g caster sugar
15g dried yeast
250g desiree potatoes, peeled
125ml warm milk
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Combine flour, sugar and yeast in a small bowl.
2. Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to a boil. Boil gently until tender. Drain. Push through a ricer into a bowl.
3. While potatoes are still warm, add flour mixture with butter, egg and warm milk. Using your hands, bring all ingredients together to form a soft dough.
4. Roll walnut-size balls into 10cm long sausages. Shape sausages into a doughnut. Place on a floured tray, 3cm apart. . Stand, covered, in a warm place, for 30 minutes or until double in size.
5. Combine cinnamon and extra sugar in a shallow bowl.
– These doughnuts would be great served with a chocolate sauce. To make sauce, place 200g finely chopped dark eating chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat 200ml thickened cream in a small saucepan until hot. Pour over chocolate. Stand 1 minute. Mix until smooth.
Copy-pasted from here
More My Kitchen Rules recipes here